Any first time on the Alsace Wine Route? Or loyal regulars looking for new addresses? Here are our essentials for your stay in our beautiful region!
Do you want to visit the villages of Fairy Tales? Around Rorschwihr, you will have the pleasure of visiting the typical Alsatian villages, including several crowned favorite French villages ... Among the most beautiful in France, that's for sure! Colorful facades, half-timbering ... Did you know that Disney was inspired by it for Beauty and the Beast? Hayao Miyazaki was inspired by the typical architecture of Colmar for its animated ...
Prepare yourself, magnificent walks await you in the surroundings! Riquewihr, Ribeauvillé, Eguisheim, Kaysersberg, Bergheim, Châtenois ...
We will offer you various villages in the area, the most famous but also our favorites ... If you want a taste to prepare your visits, you will find all the information on the site of the Tourist Office of the Country of Ribeauvillé - Riquewihr or evenon the Alsace Wine Route website .
Here are also some essential sites just minutes from our apartments:
- Haut Koenigsbourg Castle: the emblematic fortified castle of Alsace! Erected in the XXII century, with a tumultuous history, it dominates the plain and the vineyard ... We recommend its visit, the viewpoint is incredible! If you have the possibility of following a theatrical visit, go for it, it's a very nice experience for young and old.
- Naturoparc : Formerly center for the reintroduction of storks: it is the ideal place to learn more about the emblematic animals of Alsace, in particular our beautiful storks! A very beautiful park, with picnic area ... We also love the aquatic show with total respect for animals: you will not see sea lions juggling, but you will learn how they fish :)
Want to visit the vineyard?
- For an original ride, we recommend Fun Moving, Alsace by Segway ! Several circuits are proposed in the surroundings, notably one from Riquewihr, and one on Saint-Hippolyte / Haut Koenigsbourg, with wine tasting option to stay hydrated!
- Do you want to combine a visit and a tasting? Vinoroute offers excursions by van, electrically assisted bicycle or bus to discover the vineyard and its winegrowers (with tasting, otherwise we realize less ...)
- You can obviously also walk on foot, by bike, by car ... Obviously the driver will wait for the end of the route for the tasting;)
- In Rorschwihr itself, we suggest you taste the wines at 3 winegrowers: Domaine Fernand Engel , Domaine Denis Ackermann and Domaine Rolly-Gassmann.